This week’s serving is a little bit on the lighter side. Mega-church pastor breaks the stereotype…briefly. My favourite voice actor gives me a reason to talk about him. Cher gives me a reason to talk about Beavis & Butthead…Koboyashi gives me a chance to call him washed up. HORSES. Videogame bosses get a chance to go undercover with their troops…and, ugh, and something about The Human Centipede.
- Mega-church pastors get a wee-bit less douchey. In the case of this one gay pastor, a homosexual prostitute is not the one that outs him, nor a drug dealer, but by…HIMSELF. And he claims he was motivated by the recent string of gay suicides that have been in the news these days. [via The Huffington Post]
- Perhaps my most favourite voice actor ever has turned 46 this week. Here he is in something that’s quite difficult to not find entertaining. Also, perhaps the only good M7M’s commercial out there. Patrick Warburton (aka. Brock Samson from “The Venture Brothers”):
- This week (Monday) in 1987, Sonny & Cher reunited to sing “I Got You Babe” on the Lettterman show. Better than that, was the duet Cher did with Beavis & Butthead:
- Listen, Japan…I don’t want to tell you how to do your job here, but making movies obsessed with tentacles doesn’t ever help your case abroad. And look, it’s not like I don’t find a Karate Kid-esque movie involving a gal with octopus arms intriguing, I do, really, but that thing crosses a line before it even gets itself going. So, just…just quit it already:
- Ahhhh, speaking of Japan, Takeru Kobayashi, known for holding the records in hot-dog, hamburger, and meatball eating contests, continues his decline into mediocrity. Now, while I’m sure the professional eating circuit is just ripe with coke parties & bitches, Kobes just can’t seem to muster the skill and strength he needs to be at a truly competitive level. Apparently the dude can’t even eat a pizza “professionally” these days. Whatever…the dude shouldn’t be celebrated at all. The professional eating circuit is as wasteful, gluttonous, and disrespectful as NASCAR. No one in their right mind should be celebrating stuff like that. Let Kobes be a lesson in how this thing isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. [via Gawker]
- There’s a horse in this car. Your argument is invalid:
- Ninja Turtles are dicks OR Videogame bosses go undercover:
- Ever hear of the now world-famous film “The Human Centipede?” You have? Excellent. Now…have you ever WATCHED it? No?! Even better. No one needs to watch that disturbing piece of film. If you’re interested what it’s big deal is, but don’t want to watch it, you’re gonna watch my favourite comedian describe the entire plot of the movie. It’s twenty minutes long, but worth every penny, I assure you, from the bottom of my heart ( watch it here ), then like me, you’re probably also interested in hearing what Sarah Palin’s probably-gawd-awful show is like, without having to watch it. Enjoy a nice review of the first episode at The A.V. Club.
- Cowboys & Aliens trailer! First of all, its stars Daniel frickin’ Craig. NOTHING this man does is crap. He is a class act all the way, he’s very conscious of the quality of the film he’s in. On top of that is Harrison Ford playing the villain (of the non-alien variety). And then aliens come along and try to destroy their pretty little town for some strange reason. Oh, and for some reason, Daneil Craig has a flippin’ laser beam attached to his arm. Apparently the film focuses on Craig, whom plays some sort of amnesiac outlaw that has a link to these aliens that crash in their town. Enjoy the trailer: